WASHINGTON, D.C. (TEC News) – August 1 – A new study shows that teenagers are waiting to get their driver’s license. Only 44 percent receive it within a year of the minimum age. AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety is concerned a good portion of teenagers miss the benefits that the provisional drivers license gives, due to restrictions. For a complete list of reasons why teens decide to wait, you can check out our websites.
· 44 percent – Did not have a car
· 39 percent – Could get around without driving
· 36 percent – Gas was too expensive
· 36 percent – Driving was too expensive
· 35 percent – “Just didn’t get around to it”