Posted: Monday, 14 March 2011 1:04PM
Fire Chases Residents From Mankato Home
MANKATO -- Oil that over heated on a stove chased residents from a Mankato apartment Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to 123 N. 4th Street around 4:39 p.m. Sunday.
After clearing residents from the home, they found the fire was mostly extinguished.
One resident did suffer "moderate" burns on the arm from trying to put out the fire.
Minimal fire damage was limited to the kitchen, however the rest of the apartment did receive smoke damage.
Damage was estimated at $1,500.
(Copyright 2011 Three Eagles Communications | All Rights Reserved)