After Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s and the kick-off to the final half of the school year, who has the bandwidth to seriously think about goals and resolutions that stand a chance of succeeding? Wouldn’t it be nice if we could press reset a little later in the year? Not only can you, but maybe you should. Here are some reasons why you should wait until September to make changes.
- You’ve been trained to have a back-to-school mindset. September signals the start of a new year.
- There’s built-in momentum and energy. September brings new energy after the lazy days of summer.
- The pressure is off. You’re not being bombarded with talk of resolutions and goals and what you should do.
- You have months until the end of the year. You’ll head into the holidays well into your goal.
- When everyone else is starting, you’ll already have results. You’ll head into the new year ahead of the pack.